Jimmy Shane has the U-7 FormulaBoats.com out for a run.
Lap 1 - 117.785
Lap 2 - 118.561
Lap 3 - 104.485
- Jimmy seems to have been working on timing runs throughout that run.
- This U-7 is the same boat that took fourth in the Lamb Weston Columbia Cup last week in Tri-Cities.
- The boat was a little bit loose going down the front straight after completing the first lap.
- The U-7 is the Formula Boats' team back up boat, and is a former U-10, purchased by Ted Porter from Kim Gregory during the offseason. The U-7 looks very similar to the "first-team" U-7, complete with the "new style" cowling that so many of the boats currently have. The hull was built by Jim Lucero, and won the 2004 Gold Cup.
- Jimmy Shane holds seven world records in the inboards, and is regularly a member of the U-7 crew, when Mike Allen is driving the boat.
- The U-10 is currently being lowered into the water again.